пятница, 25 мая 2012 г.

Raynaud's Revisited

Raynaud's PhenomenonM worders, Runners, Raynaud-ers, I need your help! I’m noticing that when I run, especially longer distances, my Raynaud’s flares up.  It’s May and I’m getting white cold fingers and toes. Since there is a potential link between Raynaud’s and migraine, I thought I’d turn to you! Is anyone else having this problem?

I did a little research and found a variety of potential remedies:

  • Linda Patch from “Don’t Stop Believing” found relief through taking 500 mg the amino acid L-Arginine three times a day
  • Runners World suggests using running gloves and even “Hot Hands” in the winter
  • Health Central suggests trying biofeedback or asking your doctor about more intensive medications
  • Finally, this New York Times post has a nice overview of Raynaud’s generally

It’s my understanding that Raynaud’s patients should wear mittens because gloves actually make the problem worse by isolating the fingers. I’m not sure about the effectiveness of wearing mittens while I’m running either. Also, I would HATE to be on a medication like a blood thinner for this type of problem. There has to be a more simple solution, right?

Is anyone else having Raynaud’s flare ups (even though the weather is warmer)? Have you been able to find relief?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий