пятница, 25 мая 2012 г.

Holistic Health and Migraines

Yoga for migrainesTechnically, the tagline for “That M Word” is “Because sometimes just saying the word “migraine” is painful. Isn’t it true? Sometimes just talking about “migraines” and “migraines” and “migraines” can be overwhelming and emotionally difficult.

The response to the USA Today article has been interesting, with a few people suggesting I champion the cause for a drug-free approach to migraines. While I believe that different approaches work for different people, I very much believe in the idea of another tagline: “a holistic approach to migraine.”

For me this includes:

  • Regular exercise, including yoga
  • Sticking to a diet that suits my needs, for me this is vegan
  • Keeping a regular migraine journal to record my symptoms
  • Not consuming ANY caffeine or alcohol
  • Participating in regular psychotherapy sessions
  • Using natural supplements approved by my doctor

Is this the end-all be-all cure for migraines? No, of course not; there is no such thing. But since we M Worders live lives of prevention, a holistic approach to prevention certainly can’t hurt.  For a migraineur that considers 10 migraines in 30 days to be a good month, I have only had ONE so far in the month of April. I guess it is working so far!

(This post was prompted by the WEGO Health instructions for today: Health tagline. Give yourself, your blog, your condition, or some aspect of your health a tagline.)


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий